Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tempting Deal on a GPS at Buy.com

My wife has a different make for which I paid almost 3 times more. I really can't spend the money right now, but I wish I could on this basic unit. The only thing I'm not sure of is if it tracks the satellites as well as our Garmin does.

Navtour NT-147 GPS Portable Navigation System 3.5" LCD with MP3 Player & Voice Recorder. - New Factory Sealed! $119.99 Free Shipping

UPDATE: I found the manufacturers website and looked in the FAQ. I found in there a question about map updates. Unfortunately for this model it states, "GPS model NT-147 will NOT receive any map updates." Here's the link: Navtour FAQ
Maybe this isn't much of a concern if you live in an area that hasn't had new development. The maps may be a couple years old...take that into consideration...the price is still good.