Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Black Friday Chaos - Target TV Commercial

From my previous post, you know that I'm not a big fan of Black Friday shopping. When the stores put up ads encouraging the mayhem, it doesn't help me to warm up to the whole idea.

Last night I saw a television commercial for Target. The commercial involved an animated person pushing a shopping cart. Although it wasn't really pushing the shopping cart, it was running with it and grabbing various things (I think it's dog was one of them) and throwing them in the cart.

Is this what the holiday season is about? I'm very disappointed in Target for running such an ad. I've always liked shopping at Target because it's not as commercial (in your face, store aisles packed with product) as the other '-mart'.

Once again, I will keep my productivity level up and avoid this shopping mess on Friday.

Update...
Now the ad is on MSN...ya can't avoid the hype!