Friday, December 28, 2007

Web Browser Recommendation...Switch Off Of Netscape

AOL announced today that after Feb. 1, 2008 it will no longer be supporting (issuing updates for) the Netscape web browser. Myself, I haven't used Netscape in years. I'm a big fan of Mozilla Firefox (and Thunderbird for the email client). With AOL no longer supporting Netscape, if you continue to use the browser, you will open yourself up to potential security threats. Switch to one of the other available browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.) now so you can get adjusted to the 'change of scenery'. In the Netscape Blog, they even suggest switching to Firefox and installing the extension to add the Netscape theme (will give the appearance of Netscape). This is what I love about Firefox, the program is open so programmers are able to create extensions/add-ons which you can install to greatly increase the utility of the program. Maybe sometime I'll list all of them that I use just for reference (for now, visit the Squidoo lens I made which has some of my extensions).